Close up techniques 4

I usually stamp on my photos in either staz-on black or white brilliance, I started to find that some of the pictures wouldn't show either very well I felt they faded into the background and I wanted a way of making the words stand out more especially as the letters are outlines and not solid.

I took a chance of adding white embossing powder, because I wasn't sure how the heat would work with the photos. It turns out it worked really well I found that there were some stray specs here and there obviously because its quite static so I just have to make sure I get rid of these before I set it. You have to make sure that you don't focus the heat for too long in one spot because it ends up warping the photo paper but it does goes back fairly flat after it just ends up with a bit of a crinkled look.

I really like the effect of the white embossing on the darker photos, I might try and experiment with different coloured embossing powders.

Comments