I definitely saw it move!


I loved making this layout, this was the highlight of our trip feeding the Giraffes :D This photo was really funny the guy was telling us that when giraffes spot something they've not seen before they will watch it for a solid 20 minutes not moving at all and then convince themselves they've seen it move and run away. I had been using the cross stencil throughout the project and for the pocket layouts i tried to make the crosses gold by mixing gold Heidi shine and modelling paste, so for this full page layout i decided to spray Heidi shine through the stencil and see what happened.

It worked out really well, the crosses weren't majorly defined in places but I really liked how that came out because it gives that shine without retracting from the focal point of the picture. I used the package technique on the background in a bright colour to contrast the darkness of the photo and the overlaid the gold crosses.

I kept it quite simple with a layer of white card and a doily, then formed a couple of clusters because my title was larger so I didn't want to make the page too busy after I had added the details of the stencils in the background.

Comments